[Foundation-l] [Wikitech-l] Implementing the Babel extension

Chad innocentkiller at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 16:26:25 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 11:39 AM, Gerard Meijssen
<gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ziko,
> This discussion is about ... I do not know... There is a Babel extension it
> works, it is even configurable.. I made the mistake to ask for comments for
> the last time. It is only now that people wake up to the existence of this
> functionality and start asking questions that would be appropriate before
> the functionality was finished.
>
> The Babel extension allows you to indicate on a wiki level what levels are
> available... It allows you to specify how you want your categories... It is
> based on current practices... The software is so clever that it allows for
> both the ISO-39-1 and the ISO-639-3 (or two character codes or three
> character codes..)
>
> But I will be darned when i understand what the discussion is really about
>
> Thanks,
>      GerardM

Maybe if you had asked for comments _before_ implementing a
decision, rather than after, you might've gotten better results.
As it stands, some people have objections to your idea, and your
only response is "you should've raised those before I asked for
final comments."

You asked for comments, you didn't specify they all had to be
supportive.

-Chad