[Foundation-l] Fundraising thanks to contributors

Massimiliano Lincetto m.lincetto at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 20:05:36 UTC 2008

Hello,
I want to point out a question about the "Thanks to all contributors" page,
since it reports 2006 data instead of the latest fundraising data.

Yesterday I was asked by Casey (Cbrown) to translate this page:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Translation_requests/WMF/Wikimedia_thanks_all_contributors
The translation on meta was requested by Aphaia, who copied this page:
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Wikimedia_thanks_all_contributors
created by Eloquence.

Now, if you read that page you'll notice that the data comes from the 2006
fundraising, and seems to be no information about the last fundraiser.
So, I don't think that keeping such a page would be a good thing because now
that page is actually misleading.

So, what to do?
I think that a new thanks page should be created, but I don't know who should
care about that.

Best regards,
Massimiliano