[Foundation-l] Fundraising thanks to contributors

Casey Brown cbrown1023.ml at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 23:10:21 UTC 2008

On Feb 5, 2008 3:05 PM, Massimiliano Lincetto <m.lincetto at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I want to point out a question about the "Thanks to all contributors" page,
> since it reports 2006 data instead of the latest fundraising data.
>
> Yesterday I was asked by Casey (Cbrown) to translate this page:
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Translation_requests/WMF/Wikimedia_thanks_all_contributors
> The translation on meta was requested by Aphaia, who copied this page:
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Wikimedia_thanks_all_contributors
> created by Eloquence.

Just to clarify. ;-)  Someone had translated it a while ago and it had
not been copyedited so wasn't published.  I did not want their work to
go to waste, so I asked you to copyedit to make sure it was okay for
publishing.

> Now, if you read that page you'll notice that the data comes from the 2006
> fundraising, and seems to be no information about the last fundraiser.
> So, I don't think that keeping such a page would be a good thing because now
> that page is actually misleading.

The page says that it is for 2006-07 fundraiser, so it's not too misleading. :-)

> So, what to do?
> I think that a new thanks page should be created, but I don't know who should
> care about that.

I agree.  I think the Communications committee or Communications
Manager will probably be the one to write that up, because it's
something along the lines of a "press release".

> Best regards,
> Massimiliano

Casey Brown
Cbrown1023