[Foundation-l] Sexual images of questionable provenance

Ting Chen wing.philopp at gmx.de
Wed Dec 10 19:13:42 UTC 2008

Sorry I wrote my last mail in haste and I didn't explained it very good.

At first I am not very worried about images on commons, I believe there
are already some reexaminations done. I am more worried about images
that are in the local projects. Take the example of my home-project
zh-wp. We have images that are uploaded in 2003. At that time no one
really cared about them. Later User:Shizhao mostly did the examination
alone for quite long time. We had really began to notice the image
upload and examine every uploaded image since one or two years. If
someone labeled the image he uploaded as GFDL before this time, we
normally didn't cared about it anymore. When I say reexamine I mean
these images. I don't know how about the other projects. But I can
imagine that at least in some projects we would have similar situation.

I mentioned not-used images not to discriminate these images. But these
images are not seen since they are uploaded and as thus are less
reexamined since then. Only under this aspect did I mention the not-used
images.

Ting