[Foundation-l] Sexual images of questionable provenance

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 15:42:59 UTC 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 1:43 PM, Ting Chen <wing.philopp at gmx.de> wrote:
> Actually I don't care if the image has sexual content or not. There are
> some points we should consider:
>
> At first I don't trust all the claims on flickr.
> Second there may be content that violate personality or other legal issues.
>
> Some of the images were uploaded years ago and at that time we had other
> measurement criterias as today, so I think a reexamination should be
> done, this totally unrelated to the content of the images.

In the last year or so Commons got at least two verifiable sources of
photos of nudity via Flickr. One is by a known author, other is by
some group which gave permissions to OTRS. If I remember well, those
two sets make the most (or, at least, a relative majority) of
categorized nudity images on Commons.