[Foundation-l] Sexual images of questionable provenance

Robert Rohde rarohde at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 12:14:23 UTC 2008

I wouldn't mind a standard that said that identifiable, contemporary
nudes (i.e. images with faces showing which aren't decades old) would
be deleted if there aren't being used on any Wikimedia project.  There
is a non-trivial risk of harm if we simply allow unlimited inclusion
of photos that under normal circumstance would usually be considered
private, and when the photos aren't in actual use I think respect for
that risk should usually outweigh the consideration that they might
possibly be useful some day.

-Robert Rohde