[Foundation-l] Board-announcement: Board Restructuring

Dan Rosenthal swatjester at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 04:29:14 UTC 2008

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the rationale was explained: The
Board wants the Chapters to have more involvement in the governance of
the foundation, and since the chapters presumably would know good
candidates for the board (as they'd probably have already identified
some as candidates for their own boards) the move benefits both Board
and Chapters. Presumably, these would be something like "appointed
community seats"  as opposed to "elected community seats".

-Dan