[Foundation-l] Board-announcement: Board Restructuring

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 02:55:35 UTC 2008

I'll be curious to see how the various chapters determine amongst
themselves, without guidance for the board, how to select the two board
members allocated to them. Will they use the existing inter-chapter
structure, the Chapters Committee, to coordinate discussion? I'm also
curious as to the rationale for this change -- have the two chapter seats
been created because it was felt that the non-English project participants
have been under-represented in past elections? Do their members vote at
lower rate of participation than the English project members? I'm assuming
that all the folks who might participate in local chapters continue to have
a vote for the community seats, so will the net effect be that their
individual votes are the equivalent of some multiple of a vote from a
community member without a representative chapter?

Nathan