[Foundation-l] UNIQUE AND WORKABLE CRITERION

Pharos pharosofalexandria at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 07:27:24 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 5:28 PM, Jesse Martin (Pathoschild)
<pathoschild at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Some flexibility is good, but objectivity is the goal. The
>  subcommittee should not arbitrarily approve or deny requests based on
>  subjective judgments, which just come down to how much they like or
>  don't like a request.

OK I think now's the time to trot out again my proposal based directly
on the notability of the modern literature in a language, and the
specific criterion of whether or not a Featured Article could be
written on e.g. [[Modern Latin literature]] in the English or another
major-language Wikipedia.  I know it's weird, but I'd like to hear
what's wrong with this idea -beside- its being weird..

I know you don't like written-only languages, but assuming for a
moment that you did, would this not be an objective and efficient way
to evaluate them?

Thanks,
Pharos