[Foundation-l] Confidentiality agreement with FSF

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Tue Apr 15 18:12:22 UTC 2008

Thomas Dalton wrote:
>> And we won't disclose information if it actively hurts the
>>  interests and needs of an organization we're working with.
>>

> That I would disagree with. We should be concerned about whether it
> actively hurts *our* interests and needs. The interests and needs of
> other organisations are their problems. (Obviously, maintaining good
> relations with other organisations is often in our interest, but we do
> it to further our goals, not simply to be nice.)

Well, one of our goals is to get an update of the GNU FDL to a license
that meets our needs better, which depends pretty crucially on working
well with the Free Software Foundation on that issue. More generally, it
would be nice if Wikimedia didn't get a reputation of being an
organization with which it was impossible to negotiate.

-Mark