[Foundation-l] Future board meeting (5-7 april 08)

Gwern Branwen gwern0 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 20:37:19 UTC 2008

On 2008.04.10 15:33:05 +0200, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> scribbled 3.2K characters:
> Hoi,
> If you want examples of what I would describe as disparagment, read the blog
> of Danny Wool. He has little to say for himself, it is typically about
> others and he does not find it in himself to say anything nice.
>
> It would be cool if Danny turned that page and started to write about
> Veropedia in stead. In my opinion the value of his project weakens as a
> result of his constant sniping. I liked what Larry Sanger said about the
> "Tegenlicht" program that he was in.. he liked the program but it was only
> about Wikipedia and nothig was included about Citizendium. I can understand
> this from an editorial point of view. I appreciated Larry for saying it
> because Citizendium is at least an attempt to improve on Wikipedia, it is at
> least a positive attitude.
> Thanks,
>      GerardM

Correct me if I am wrong, but are you suggesting that the value of having the WMF use non-disparagement agreements would be so the WMF could sue people over their unflattering blogs? Because I see no other way to interpret your example.

That strikes me as quite a reprehensible thing to want the WMF to do.

--
gwern
PPS d UT/RUS .ch 355 ICE Yukon SHS wwics assassination