[Foundation-l] [Wikitech-l] Primary account for single user login

Brion Vibber brion at wikimedia.org
Tue Apr 8 20:29:34 UTC 2008

Anon Sricharoenchai wrote:
> On 4/8/08, Tim Starling <tstarling at wikimedia.org> wrote:
>> I think the most important thing is that we don't put any unnecessary
>>  conditions on the deployment of SUL. I would like to see it fully deployed
>>  before I grow old and die.
>>

> Why should it be fully deployed?
> Is it possible to leave the old unresolved conflicting account forever?

At the moment we have no specific plans to force resolution of
conflicting accounts where the global account holder doesn't explicitly
request it.

'Full deployment' of the system means opening it to all users, rather
than the restricted test set (currently all sysops) we presently have it
available to.

-- brion vibber (brion @ wikimedia.org)