[Foundation-l] [Wikitech-l] Primary account for single user login

Anon Sricharoenchai anon.hui at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 06:55:11 UTC 2008

On 4/9/08, Brion Vibber <brion at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Anon Sricharoenchai wrote:
>  >
>  > Why should it be fully deployed?
>  > Is it possible to leave the old unresolved conflicting account forever?
>

> At the moment we have no specific plans to force resolution of
>  conflicting accounts where the global account holder doesn't explicitly
>  request it.

Is it possible to defer the creation of global account for the
conflicting username?
1. To defer until they can negotiate each other, to choose who will
hold the global account.
2. No automatic process in choosing global account holder.
3. User must wait until all of the conflicting accounts has been
renamed (by the consent of those account holders, or forced by sysop
if those accounts are impostors), before they can merge and create the
global account.
This will make things easier, technically.