[Foundation-l] Creative Commons CC-BY-SA Draft Statement of Intent

geni geniice at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 10:09:18 UTC 2008

On 06/04/2008, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hoi,
>  When you insist on the enforcement of "share alike" in the strongest
>  possible way, you prevent mashing and collaboration.

You prevent no such thing. You are free to colaberate as long as you
only use free material.

> You prevent the use of
>  material in academic papers.

Nope. Academic papers could be released under free licenses (there is
currently an ongoing argument over the matter.

>In this way the medicine that are free and open
>  licenses is as bad as what it is to cure; restrictive licenses and
>  restrictive practices.

CC-BY is exists if you don't want SA.

>  Obviously it is a choice, it may even be your choice but you *are *replacing
>  restrictive practices with restrictive practices..

The idea is that by using strong copy left you are saying that if you
want to play our game you play by our rules.

--
geni