[Foundation-l] Creative Commons CC-BY-SA Draft Statement of Intent

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 10:20:37 UTC 2008

Hoi,
Absolutely, you are completely right that when using "share alike" licensed
material you have to play by its rules. No mistake there. Let there also be
no mistake that this *is *a restrictive practice and where you state that
there is an ongoing argument about the use in academic papers, you
implicitly agree that the use of "share alike" material is prevented for
many academic papers.

I do know about the existence of CC-by. I am grateful that there is a lot of
material that cannot be copyrighted anyway. I am equally grateful that this
is the kind of material that has most of my interest.

PS by saying "our rules" you either intentionally exclude or intentionally
include. When we discuss the merits of licenses there is no need for either.

Thanks,
      GerardM