[Foundation-l] Relocation announcement

Gary Kirk gary.kirk at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 02:56:56 UTC 2007

I really don't agree with the idea that you're going to purposefully
move somewhere knowing it's only for a short while, then move
somewhere else. If SF has been chosen then I'd assume lots of research
was done, and not just picked out of a hat, and so a permanent new
office can be established and not have the upheaval of moving twice in
a year.

On 9/23/07, Sue Gardner <sgardner at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Sue Reed wrote:
> > I want to throw my two cents in and hope that the Foundation does consider
> locations outside of San Francisco itself. The Bay Area is so diverse that
> there are many different options to choose from. I've lived in the Bay Area
> most of my life, and most recently the past 10 years, and avoid going into
> the City at all costs.
> >
> > If they do go into the City, having a location near public transportation
> is an absolute must.
> >
> Thanks Sue, and thanks to everyone else who has commented. (I've been
> offline for the past 24 hours, am just back now.)
>
> You're right about all the various possibilities, and ideally we want to
> get oriented before committing ourselves too much.  So we're looking for
> a sublet or a short-term rental, probably in SOMA, to start. Once we
> have more experience with the area and are more settled as a team, we
> would then start thinking about a more permanent location.
>
> I've gotten a couple of off-list notes recommending/offering specific
> spaces, which is great.

Gary Kirk