[Foundation-l] Relocation announcement

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 03:12:01 UTC 2007

On 9/23/07, Gary Kirk <gary.kirk at gmail.com> wrote:
> I really don't agree with the idea that you're going to purposefully
> move somewhere knowing it's only for a short while, then move
> somewhere else. If SF has been chosen then I'd assume lots of research
> was done, and not just picked out of a hat, and so a permanent new
> office can be established and not have the upheaval of moving twice in
> a year.

If you'd ever been to the WMF offices you wouldn't worry much about that.

Moving the office itself is a matter of grabbing a couple of desks,
pictures on the walls, and a few desktop computers ... plus whatever
change of address paperwork needs to be done.

(okay, so rob doesn't shoot me, there are phones and network cables
that need to be fussed with.. I am oversimplifying some)

But really.. moving the office around a city shouldn't be too big a deal.