[Foundation-l] Relocation announcement

Sue Gardner sgardner at wikimedia.org
Sun Sep 23 20:17:21 UTC 2007

Sue Reed wrote:
> I want to throw my two cents in and hope that the Foundation does consider locations outside of San Francisco itself. The Bay Area is so diverse that there are many different options to choose from. I've lived in the Bay Area most of my life, and most recently the past 10 years, and avoid going into the City at all costs.
>
> If they do go into the City, having a location near public transportation is an absolute must.

Thanks Sue, and thanks to everyone else who has commented. (I've been
offline for the past 24 hours, am just back now.)

You're right about all the various possibilities, and ideally we want to
get oriented before committing ourselves too much.  So we're looking for
a sublet or a short-term rental, probably in SOMA, to start. Once we
have more experience with the area and are more settled as a team, we
would then start thinking about a more permanent location.

I've gotten a couple of off-list notes recommending/offering specific
spaces, which is great.