[Foundation-l] [FR07] Communication with projects

Sabine Cretella sabine_cretella at yahoo.it
Sat Sep 8 13:29:04 UTC 2007

For those who don't read my blog - just forwarding to various lists in
English and if needed, please forward it to the various project lists.

Thank you!!!

Sabine

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

Well, dealing with the Fundraiser 2007 I am trying to involve the whole
of the communities. But that seems easier that it really is ... one
things: oh well, there are the village pumps and you just go around them
... or you go through the mailing lists (but not all projects have one)
... or in the worst case you use the various chat rooms ... well no, it
does not really work ... a really well structured communication in this
specific moment is not possible - and in some way we should think about
a solution.

Village pumps:

I am getting step by step to them - there is no all comprehensive page -
but even if there was there is one huge problem: they are structured
very different from one project to the other. Often I posted "somewhere"
without even understanding if it was the right place ... some have extra
pages for messages written in a different language from theirs (but then
again: there you don't reach a maximum number of people who maybe would
help). Some have different sectors for different themes ... but again:
there you don't reach all potential people, just the part of them that
goes to the "general" village pump page. Uhmmmmmm ...... not sure how to
sort this out ... and no: I would be agains a page for special
"foundation information" since again it would be read by only a part of
the users/editors and these would probably be more or less the same ones
who read foundation list ....

Now I asked for a bot that can help us to add new sections to specific
pages within the pywikipediabot framework - this would at least make one
part of it easier, not having to go around all projects, but still the
"how to communicate effectively" problem remains ....

For now, until we maybe get a better solution, I would like to ask
people from the various projects to check the page where I list the
village pumps
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2007/Village_Pumps> and
change the links I have there to the page where they want to have the
messages added - for all projects please - this will help all of us to
live an easier wiki-life. During the next days I will then make another
round around the various Village Pumps asking people to correct the link
on the page above if necessary.

I am sorry, but for now I don't see a different way to get this on the way.

And please: all links to all projects are needed - also the smallest
ones ... they all have the same relevance.

Thanks!!!

--
Posted By Sabine Cretella to words & more
<http://sabinecretella.blogspot.com/2007/09/fundraiser-2007-communication-with.html>

at 9/08/2007 02:35:00 PM