[Foundation-l] Wikimedia NL

Florence Devouard Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 29 14:03:00 UTC 2007

Brian McNeil wrote:
> I have forwarded this on to the entire cadre of accredited reporters. As I'm
> sure you understand I'm not particularly happy that edits were reverted
> which were constructive.
>
> One of the prepared questions for Brion's Wikinews interview is basically
> "How far off is SUL?"

SUL might be one answer. But only one answer. When I am travelling, if I
am not on my computer, I usually do not log in anyway.
There is even less chance that I loggued in later on when SUL is up.
Right now, I use a different set of passwords for the "public" wikis
(such as english or french wikipedia) than for the private wikis (such
as the board wiki.
Once SUL, I presume I will have the same wiki everywhere, which will
make the risk of forgetting to log out even more critical.

Yes, this would fix it. It is not however, a
> substitute for people working on-wiki correctly. On Wikinews I strive to
> help people learn from their mistakes and become better contributors or
> administrators. Sometimes it is very difficult to tell someone they have
> made a mistake, but with the right words you usually get an apology.
>
> I'm sure you've probably brushed it off as "stuff happens" - or whatever the
> French equivalent is, but I believe what you have reported should not have
> happened.

Stuff happens and I brushed it just fine :-)
I do not need an apology, that's not the point. It was not personal.
But it should not happen.

ant