[Foundation-l] Wikimedia NL

Brian McNeil brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org
Mon Oct 29 13:52:35 UTC 2007

I have forwarded this on to the entire cadre of accredited reporters. As I'm
sure you understand I'm not particularly happy that edits were reverted
which were constructive.

One of the prepared questions for Brion's Wikinews interview is basically
"How far off is SUL?" Yes, this would fix it. It is not however, a
substitute for people working on-wiki correctly. On Wikinews I strive to
help people learn from their mistakes and become better contributors or
administrators. Sometimes it is very difficult to tell someone they have
made a mistake, but with the right words you usually get an apology.

I'm sure you've probably brushed it off as "stuff happens" - or whatever the
French equivalent is, but I believe what you have reported should not have
happened.

Brian.