[Foundation-l] Wikimedia NL

Gatto Nero gattonero at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 14:16:27 UTC 2007

2007/10/29, Florence Devouard <Anthere9 at yahoo.com>:
> Brian McNeil wrote:
> > I have forwarded this on to the entire cadre of accredited reporters. As I'm
> > sure you understand I'm not particularly happy that edits were reverted
> > which were constructive.

> Stuff happens and I brushed it just fine :-)
> I do not need an apology, that's not the point. It was not personal.
> But it should not happen.

I'm sure this is something that happens sometimes, really.
But let me put the stress on one point: what if it was not a Florence
Devouard, the anonymous who made the edit?
Would the edits be checked back, or not?
Would anyone know about this error?

This is an important lesson for all the wikis, every language, every
project: beware the way you threat anonymous editors.
They are an unvaluable value for wikis, and they deserve to be
threated with the maximum respect.

(Maybe it's OT, but...)

Claudio "Gatto Nero" Mastroianni

--

Please, learn to quote when you answer to mails.