[Foundation-l] Priorities

Marc Riddell michaeldavid86 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 22 21:41:03 UTC 2007

on 10/22/07 1:50 PM, Birgitte SB at birgitte_sb at yahoo.com wrote:

> This is an en.WP issue (again). Articles on web-comics
> have been deleted as not notable on en.WP. [1]  It
> might be useful to share with Howard what the actual
> mission of Wiki*media* is and how it works, just for
> the sake of clarity.  But I can't imagine anyone would
> really support WMF writing and enforcing new deletion
> guidelines for en.WP or anything else that would truly
> appease him.

Brigitte,

This is the key to his message:

"If the foundation really cared about what these editors write, and how they
treat other people, it would take steps to curb their behavior."

The web-comics issue must, of course, be presented to. But, to focus only on
the web-comics issue is like extinguishing a single tree in the middle of a
forest fire.

The issue with Wikipedia is the deteriorating culture, and the equally
deteriorating language of that culture! And anyone who stands by and allows
it to happen - and to continue - is equally culpable. Cultural change
happens only when the people who are a part of that culture change. And a
culture is a reflection of everyone who is a part of it.

Marc Riddell