[Foundation-l] Priorities

Michael Bimmler mbimmler at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 20:03:08 UTC 2007

On 10/22/07, Birgitte SB <birgitte_sb at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Dan Rosenthal <swatjester at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure why Howard Taylor is a problem here,
> > his comic Schlock
> > Mercenary is one of the larger and more famous ones
> > on the internet.
> > He is however, something of a whack job and would
> > likely be prone to
> > believing things like "Wikipedia discriminates
> > against webcomics."
> >
> > -Dan Rosenthal
>
> It would be nice if everyone refrained from calling
> someone who has been directly approached to volunteer
> for WMF a "whack job" on public mailing list.  Brian
> obviously values this man and it is just plain
> embarrassing.

Indeed so. I see that Dan has already apologised for it (which I
appreciate), so I don't want to talk about this specifically, but just
as a General and Always Valid Advice:

This list is archived. While the Mailman archives are not anymore
Google-searchable (and our own search index stopped rebuilding
again...sigh...), there are plenty other archives out their (Gmane,
Nabble and others...) which *do* appear in Google.
Therefore I ask everyone to take great care when discussing
individuals and specifically "outsiders", i.e. people who aren't
involved with Wikimedia. It is not really nice to google for your own
name and see that you have been labelled "whack job" in the
mailinglist of some project.

Yours,
Michael