[Foundation-l] [Wiktionary-l] Wiktionary logo

Husky huskyr at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 13:47:59 UTC 2007

On Nov 14, 2007 2:34 PM, Thomas Goldammer <thogol at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hm, I don't think that this is confusing. People remember the logo and
> think of the X-ish Wiktionary, and then they remember another logo and
> think of the Y-ish Wiktionary. Where is the problem? ;o)
That's exactly the problem. People might assume that X and Y are two
different websites, while in essence they are not (they're just
different language editions of the same project). We already have
enough problems because people assume that every website starting with
'wiki' is a Wikimedia project, we shouldn't create such confusion
ourselves. If we want Wikimedia and it's projects to be recognizable
we should do everything we can to harmonize and simplify our image.

-- Hay / Husky