[Foundation-l] [Wiktionary-l] Wiktionary logo

Guillaume Paumier guillom.pom at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 14:12:56 UTC 2007

Hello,

On Nov 14, 2007 2:47 PM, Husky <huskyr at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Nov 14, 2007 2:34 PM, Thomas Goldammer <thogol at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Hm, I don't think that this is confusing. People remember the logo and
> > think of the X-ish Wiktionary, and then they remember another logo and
> > think of the Y-ish Wiktionary. Where is the problem? ;o)
> That's exactly the problem. People might assume that X and Y are two
> different websites, while in essence they are not (they're just
> different language editions of the same project). We already have
> enough problems because people assume that every website starting with
> 'wiki' is a Wikimedia project, we shouldn't create such confusion
> ourselves. If we want Wikimedia and it's projects to be recognizable
> we should do everything we can to harmonize and simplify our image.

I totally agree. I mean, if the last logo is a problem for some language
communities of Wiktionary, then they're cordially invited to start another
process for a new logo that will suit all wiktionarians (and you might even
consider restricting this vote to wiktionarians, or whatever). But all
Wiktionary projects are of the same family. Having different logos would
only add more confusion about what MediaWiki wiki is a Wikimedia project or
not.

--
Guillaume Paumier
[[m:User:guillom]]