[Foundation-l] Clarification to existing resolutions

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Fri May 18 23:55:50 UTC 2007

Thomas Dalton wrote:

>>I agree with this.  But "WMF office staff" should be more specific,
>>unless the intention is for each individual staff member to interpret
>>things individually (and therefore inconsistently).
>>

>Once we have an ED, it will be their job to interpret the board's
>policies and they will tell the rest of the staff what to do - that's
>what an ED does. Until that point, things are a little vague. That's
>an unavoidable consequence of not really having anyone in charge,
>which is why finding an ED should be (and I believe is) a top
>priority.

I agree that an ED is needed, and that once that person is chosen it
would be easier to find common ground between him and the Board about
just what the policy means.  The also evident fact that things are a
little vague for now should not be an excuse for passing policies that
are even more vague.

Ec