[Foundation-l] Rethinking brands

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Wed May 9 21:33:17 UTC 2007

On Wed, 9 May 2007, Florence Devouard wrote:

> Now, let us say that immediately after the elections, Wikimedia France
> publishes a press release to announce that
> 1) we collected huge amounts of images during and immediately after the
> elections
> 2) and that we have a fabulous set of information about the new president
>

> - a biography: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolas_Sarkozy
> - pictures: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Nicolas_Sarkozy?uselang=fr
> - quotes: http://fr.wikiquote.org/wiki/Nicolas_Sarkozy
> - last news about the elections:
> http://fr.wikinews.org/wiki/Résultats_provisoires_du_second_tour_de_l%27élection_présidentielle_française_de_2007
> - even neologisme from Sarkozy name:
> http://fr.wiktionary.org/wiki/sarkozyste

Lovely.  We should try doing this all the time, to remind members of all
projects how they fit in with the tapestry of wiki culture, and where to
look for cross-links and ties across projects, while we labour to make the
overlays between the projects work smoothly, and the conceptual project
barriers transparent.

SJ