[Foundation-l] Rethinking brands

Florence Devouard Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Wed May 9 18:09:38 UTC 2007

Just a thought...

There is this press release currently pending:
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Wikiquote:Press_releases/May_2007

I just realised there were no links to the other projects (it should).
But aside from this... when a famous politician (for example) make a big
speech, and get quoted everywhere for a really buzz sentence, could we
somehow generate some attention for wikiquote and wikinews ? I do not
think we could make a press release for this but...

Another example. Let us say there is a presidential election... thanks
to the election, Wikimedia France collected a huge amount of pictures
from all the candidates.

Now, let us say that immediately after the elections, Wikimedia France
publishes a press release to announce that
1) we collected huge amounts of images during and immediately after the
elections
2) and that we have a fabulous set of information about the new president

- a biography: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolas_Sarkozy
- pictures: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Nicolas_Sarkozy?uselang=fr
- quotes: http://fr.wikiquote.org/wiki/Nicolas_Sarkozy
- last news about the elections: