[Foundation-l] WMF resolution on access to non-public data passed

sannse sannse at gmail.com
Tue May 1 17:09:23 UTC 2007

On 5/1/07, Anthony <wikilegal at inbox.org> wrote:
> I still don't understand what your problem is with the policy.  You
> say your name is none of our business.  That's fine, but then my IP
> address is none of your business.

It's quite simple, I believe that privacy on-line is an important
ideal (while being fully aware of the practical limitations of that).
I believe anonymity should be an accepted choice, and should be no
barrier to participation in the Foundation.

I have no interest in your IP address, and would consider it the hight
of bad manners to try and find out what it was (unless of course it
was needed to prevent you disrupting the project with vandalism or
whatever)

-- sannse