[Foundation-l] WMF resolution on access to non-public data passed

Brock Weller brock.weller at gmail.com
Tue May 1 17:01:02 UTC 2007

Just seems to be excessive paranoia Sannse. I guess you have your reasons,
but I can't imagine any legitimate ones for not wanting your information out
there. Even with the crap I had to go through with Brandt's minions it comes
out better for all.

Giving any sort of power (even adminship) to somebody who the community does
not know by name has always seemed wacky.

Have we gotten an answer about unblock-l volunteers? I create accounts, see
passwords, locations, frequently names and phone numbers there. Seems like
that should be verified somehow.

On 5/1/07, sannse <sannse at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Surely if your full details are known to Kat, and she is happy and
> > confident in them, we can reasonably say you are identified to the
> > foundation? The Foundation, or one of its agents, has privately and
> > directly verified your identity; it would, I assume, be satisfied with
> > that.
>
> I'm sure it would.  But I  would not be satisfied with that.  I oppose
> this policy, and so my feeling is that my only moral choices are to
> change my mind fully and follow the same verification process as
> everyone else, or to resign.
>
> Obviously the board and the Foundation still has my full support, I
> just don't feel able to continue in these positions with this policy
> in place.
>
> -- sannse

-Brock