[Foundation-l] WMF resolution on access to non-public data passed

sannse sannse at gmail.com
Tue May 1 17:34:24 UTC 2007

On 5/1/07, Brock Weller <brock.weller at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just seems to be excessive paranoia Sannse. I guess you have your reasons,
> but I can't imagine any legitimate ones for not wanting your information out
> there. Even with the crap I had to go through with Brandt's minions it comes
> out better for all.

I gave one good reason someone might have earlier.  As for my own
reasons (other than the philosophical/ethical issue of privacy) it's
quite simple.  I have a distinctive name, I live in a small town, I do
/not/ want phone calls about Wikimedia or Wikia in the middle of the
night.

When I first decided to keep my name private, I was concerned about
SOLLOG and the way he was harrasing various Wikipedians.  Nowadays I'd
be more worried about someone phoning me up to ask how to change the
logo on their Wikia :-)  but either way, I'd rather that didn't
happen.

(Yes, I know I can get my number delisted.  No, I don't wish to do that).

-- sannse