[Foundation-l] Language Prevention Committee created

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 10:57:36 UTC 2007

Hoi,
The result would be like it was before that an increasing number of projects
are not supported with a language message file. There are two parts to this
problem; MediaWiki is not only used by Wikipedia and MediaWiki is not only
used by the Wikimedia Foundation. Creating a message file for a language is
a job that does not take long. It needs doing.

Once a new project IS started, a message file HAS to be created. The
difference is that the moment when the message file is created is moved
forward. The difference is that a new language has to be supported like any
other language. It is not acceptable that new languages are getting a
substandard service.

Every language is to be treated equal; at this moment some languages are
more equal then others.

Thanks,
    GerardM