[Foundation-l] Language Prevention Committee created

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 10:20:32 UTC 2007

Hoi,
The new policy does not deal with the mess that exists as a consequence of
not having this policy in the past. Mark's argument is based on things that
happened before the policy came into effect.

Solving the mess is what we do want to address .. so far there have been two
languages provided with their initial messages in MediaWiki... We are
working on a solution for all issues but it does take a lot of work. For one
of the pieces of the puzzle we have been told to wait until Brion has rolled
out single login. We have explicitly asked for some priority because this is
an important issue to us. I have had information from Brion and from within
the board of trustees that our issues do not have priority.

As it does not have priority for the WMF, we are in a state of limbo with
many of these issues. New languages do not have any priority. I would like
to see that the support of languages in MediaWiki does have priority.
Thanks,
     GerardM