[Foundation-l] Language Prevention Committee created

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 10:05:12 UTC 2007

2007/3/27, GerardM <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com>:

> Hoi,
> The reason why they did not have translated interfaces is because nobody
> bothered to set up the message files. The accepted policy of the language
> committee requires them.

What is being questioned here is the validity of this policy. Erik stated
that if you cannot get someone to be bothered to set up the message files,
it is reasonable to expect you cannot setup an encyclopedia either. Mark now
answers that it has been done a few times. So that removes one argument.
Apparently, now the reason that it is policy is that the committee has
decided it is. Which is a rather lame reason in an open organization as the
Wikimedia foundation is (I think) hoping to be.

Andre Engels, andreengels at gmail.com
ICQ: 6260644  --  Skype: a_engels