[Foundation-l] Censorship: Speedy deletion of porn articles

Jeff V. Merkey jmerkey at wolfmountaingroup.com
Thu Mar 8 21:08:46 UTC 2007

Yonatan Horan wrote:

>Heh, as I said previously, the block was lifted within three days as it was
>clear to more than one admin that I was erroneously blocked. I wouldn't have
>brought this issue to foundation-l if attempts to resolve the issue on the
>Hebrew Wikipedia had succeeded. All of what you're suggesting has already
>been done and different compromises were already attempted. The other thing
>is that while you may not be inclined to believe what I'm saying, the
>community never decided this should be policy, it's just that some admins
>enforce it as if it were policy.
>
>-Yonatan

Then you need to go make your arguments to the folks on that Wiki or
fork the Hebrew Wikipedia
and head off on your own if you cannot make headway. The folks here are
not going to dictate to
another group to do something contrary to their culture. It's an open
internet after all.

Good luck.

:-)

Jeff