[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Job: Volunteer Coordinator

Anthony wikilegal at inbox.org
Fri Mar 2 15:48:29 UTC 2007

On 3/2/07, Delphine Ménard <notafishz at gmail.com> wrote:
> I seem to recall that the primary purpose of this
> thread was to hire a volunteer coordinator.
>
> Volunteer coordinator, anyone?

I presume other avenues are also being followed on this one.  Looking
at the responsibilities it seems this position is going to require a
very uniquely skilled person.  And there no mention of what the pay
range is going to be.  Are we talking $30K/year, $100K/year, more?
For that matter, it's not even determined if the position is going to
be full time or part time, and if it is going to require showing up at
the office or telecommuting.

Prior experience is an advantage, but not required?  My wife once
worked as a secretary for a non-profit, should I see if she's
interested?  Actually, I suppose she doesn't really have any
familiarity with the WMF or Wikipedia or anything.  Of the people I
know around here, she's the only one I think could handle the job (who
isn't already happily employed somewhere else).

Anthony