[Foundation-l] #wikipedia IRC channel guidelines review

Casey Brown cbrown1023 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 31 14:52:10 UTC 2007

Okay... I thought I cleared this up, but obviously not.

Mark has the power (power that he does not like to exercise) to make
guidelines for the #wikipedia IRC channel.  The other guidelines made by the
IRC contacts weren't doing so well, so Mark thought it would be best to
rewrite them.  But he wants community feedback from *all* the language
#wikipedia channels (channels he cannot control) because #wikipedia is their
channel too, and would be unfair if we only let English speakers into the
discussion.

And finally, *not* Wikimedia, Gerard messed us all up on that one. :) :)

Therefore, your second and third statements most accurately sum it up.

But please, can we stop arguing on semantics and get the guidelines?  They
only apply to #wikipedia, so you do not need to think that you are going to
get attacked by them in your local language's channel.

Casey Brown
Cbrown1023