[Foundation-l] #wikipedia IRC channel guidelines review

Gatto Nero gattonero at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 15:46:17 UTC 2007

2007/7/31, Casey Brown <cbrown1023 at comcast.net>:
> Okay... I thought I cleared this up, but obviously not.

Now it's a bit more clear :D

> But please, can we stop arguing on semantics and get the guidelines?  They
> only apply to #wikipedia, so you do not need to think that you are going to
> get attacked by them in your local language's channel.

Could I propose, also, an OT brainstorming?
You say: #wikipedia is a "mother channel", a IRCchannel that should
represent all the languages.
It is not perceived so.
It's perceveid like a (messy) english-language channel.

The problem is: we have a lot of localized channels that works well.
What's the meaning of #wikipedia? Why does it exist? What should it
offer to the visitors?
I suppose we should rethink it...