[Foundation-l] (correction) Re: Notice of the results of the WMF Board of Trustees election

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 17:28:16 UTC 2007

> The top 10 (counting Wikipedias only) account for ~90% of our edits. I
> don't have solid editor numbers - Greg might have some for
> eligible-by-project? - but that seems a reasonable indicator that they
> have about 90% of our community.
>
> Yes, the board represents us all. But putting mandatory background
> restrictions on what communities people have to come from does not
> seem the best solution.

That's what I was getting at when I said the board would need to be
expanded. By your numbers, we could only have a representative of the
smaller projects by having 10 elected seats. That's not likely to
happen. Having such representation would involve giving members of
smaller projects more votes than larger ones, which isn't very "fair",
and probably isn't in the foundation's best interest.