[Foundation-l] (correction) Re: Notice of the results of the WMF Board of Trustees election

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 17:23:36 UTC 2007

On 18/07/07, White Cat <wikipedia.kawaii.neko at gmail.com> wrote:
> In no way am I criticizing the election, but I think at least one of the
> member of the board should be from a wiki not in the top 4-10. After all the
> board represents us all and not just the top 4. Just an idea? What do you
> think?

The top 10 (counting Wikipedias only) account for ~90% of our edits. I
don't have solid editor numbers - Greg might have some for
eligible-by-project? - but that seems a reasonable indicator that they
have about 90% of our community.

Yes, the board represents us all. But putting mandatory background
restrictions on what communities people have to come from does not
seem the best solution.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk