[Foundation-l] Notice of the results of the WMF Board of Trustees election

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 22:38:37 UTC 2007

Congratulations to the three winners. I'm pleased to see that a
mixture of old and new faces won. Had we elected the same people as
last time we would have missed an opportunity to bring in new blood.
Had we elected all different people it would be an indication that the
community were very unhappy with the current board, which would be a
bad sign. A mixture is the best possible result.

Also, thank you to the steering committee, SPI and Oscar for their service.

It's a little unfortunate that 3 people missed out on a place by less
than 40 votes. With a fairly low turnout the margin of error is quite
high, so had a different 4170 people voted we may well have had a
different result. I think this suggests that we need to work even
harder next year to increase the turnout. That said, I am very happy
with the choice (I believe I voted for 2 of the winners and the 3rd
was a very close call).