[Foundation-l] Notice of the results of the WMF Board of Trustees election

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Thu Jul 12 22:27:49 UTC 2007

On 7/12/07, Philippe Beaudette <philippebeaudette at gmail.com> wrote:
> The Wikimedia Board Election Steering Committee, 2007
>
> Aphaia
> Philippe
> Newyorkbrad
> Jon Harald Søby

Thank you all of you; you did a great job, and I think the election
process this year was very significantly improved from just 9 months
ago.

Thanks to everyone who supported me. Congratulations to Kat and
Frieda, and welcome Frieda! We met only once before, but I already
look forward to working with you on the Board. Of course I also regret
that Oscar is leaving the Board, but I am hopeful that he will
continue to share his time, talent & wit with us in other ways.

Hopefully, the coming 2 years will lead our organization to further
growth and maturity. I am confident that the most disruptive changes
are behind us now, and actually looking forward to see what's next.
:-)

New discussions should begin soon about the lessons learned from this
election, and changes for the next one. Personally, I've always been
in favor of the voting method used (approval voting) because it
inherits the simplicity of first-past-the-post without it main
deficiencies in strategic voting, but I'm up for an in-depth analysis.
I think the endorsement process was a useful addition, but I join the
voices of those who support a "cap" of endorsements per candidate.
--
Toward Peace, Love & Progress:
Erik