[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Pennsylvania

Dan Rosenthal swatjester at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 20:31:26 UTC 2007

On Jul 11, 2007, at 4:10 PM, GerardM wrote:

> When you create many "chapters" not based on legal necessity, the
> administrative overhead is such that it would be mind boggling.

> I do not think it makes sense to allow such local chapters the same
> status
> as national chapters.

One problem with that line of reasoning is that many of our US states
are comparative in size to european countries (of all sizes, from the
biggest to the smallest). They should be equally represented the same
way.

Another is that there are differing laws between states, so I'm not
sure where you get that statement from, nor do I get where the
administrative overhead comes from.

-dan