[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Pennsylvania

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 20:40:58 UTC 2007

Hoi,
When the differences in the law are such that it makes a practical
difference what you can do, it makes sense to have a chapter along state
lines. When things can be organised in a country based organisation, there
is no need for chapters based on states.

The argument that the USA is a big place is correct, the USA is a big place
however the cultural differences between the north and south of the USA and
the north and south of Italy are not as profound. A chapter is a legal
enabler, in the end it is the members of the chapter that make things work,
they can organise local chapters but they do not have to be an
incorporation.

Thanks,
    GerardM