[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Pennsylvania

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 20:10:17 UTC 2007

Hoi,
When you create many "chapters" not based on legal necessity, the
administrative overhead is such that it would be mind boggling. You can
organise it in any way you like within a national chapter and only when
there is a need or a use to coordinate activities you do.

I do not think it makes sense to allow such local chapters the same status
as national chapters. It does not make sense to give them all some rights to
use the WMF trademarks. Restricting this to the WMF for the USA only does
also not make sense, it seems to me not what the WMF is there for.
Thanks,
    GerardM