[Foundation-l] [FWD: Travel policy (was: no subject)]

The Uninvited Co., Inc uninvited at nerstrand.net
Mon Jul 9 17:29:47 UTC 2007

Jimbo wrote:

> On Jul 9, 2007, at 9:54 AM, The Uninvited Co., Inc wrote:
> > I have kids at home.  I travel for my job.  When I do so, I am not
> > reimbursed for dependent care.
>
> But you presumably draw a salary for your job.

Of course.  So what?  The foundation's employees do, too, and remember
that the travel policy we're discussing applies equally to both paid
employees and volunteers.

Whether someone is a volunteer or a salaried employee should not change
what is or is not a valid travel expense.

I don't believe that we should single out board members, among all our
volunteers, and remunerate them.  There is no shortage of candidates for
the WMF board.  Better that we pay people for closing OTRS tickets,
where, on the other hand, we are chronically short-staffed.

Steve