[Foundation-l] Travel Policy

Sue Gardner sgardner at wikimedia.org
Mon Jul 9 13:33:36 UTC 2007

Ilario, if people want to work outside the designated travel agency,
they should just talk to the office about it. I'm sure, for example,
someone could get a blanket exemption if they had a good track record of
finding cheap flights for themselves and were willing to do the work.

The purpose of working with a designated travel agency is that -in
theory- you get the benefit of their experience and better deals. If
you're suggesting that it doesn't always work out that way, well yeah, I
can't entirely disagree.