[Foundation-l] Travel Policy

Ilario Valdelli valdelli at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 11:41:29 UTC 2007

Another consideration:

# All travel arrangements (air, rail, vehicle rental and lodging),
including all changes and cancellations of travel arrangements, must
be made through WMF's designated travel service provider, except with
advance approval from the Executive Director or Chair of the Board of
Trustees.
# The lowest available airfares shall be sought when making bookings.
All travelers are expected to use economy class.

It's not good.

The point 1 and the point 2 are in contrast. If a member has found the
lowest available airfares but he has not used the designated airlines
travel provider and not asked the EC approval, what happens?

Some airlines companies works with a load factory. If you found a good
price but you must ask to the EC probably you could wait also one or
two days (if the EC for example is out from internet connection). If
you receive an OK after two day probably the cost will not the same.

I don't know what are the travel service providers and who are. With
experience I could say that I have organized a trip for a board
members with a very small costs but using the national airline
companies (and not low cost companies) searching through different
channels.

Ilario