[Foundation-l] Will the Board accept the election result?

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 19:34:38 UTC 2007

Hoi,
I do agree with you up to a point. We are past that point.

I agree with you that from the moment elections are announced, the rules and
the way people are expected to behave is fixed at that time. I have opposed
Danny's candidature from the moment he resigned as a staff member. In the
e-mail send by Jan-Bart it is plain that it is not considered a good thing
when staff members and ex-staff members stand for a board position.

When Gregory Maxwell changed the rules as I understood them by canvassing
the people who had not elected yet by e-mail, it changed the way you are
allowed to behave. I have consistently argued that it is not a good idea for
Danny to stand. I have been vocal about this. The suggestion that there is
an arbitrary criteria that I would want to impose is wrong. I agree with
Jan-Bart, staff members and ex-staff members should not stand for election
and I agree with Jan-Bart that this should be a rule at the start of a next
election.

An election is a procedure that should be fixed when the call for elections
go out. I have again raised the question only after this notion went out the
window. I have raised the issue again and again there is no answer, as there
is no answer I can only conclude that my conclusion is correct; not only
should he not stand, he is also the wrong person for the job.

Thanks,
    GerardM